Are you a gym freak? Are you always looking for protein-rich diet? Then try this high protein chick pea salad.
Easy-peasy and quick to make with the simplest of dressing possible. You can always play with salad dressing.
One can use mayonnaise but always look for healthy options. So if you want creamy dressing then try hung curd instead. This will give your salad a creamy texture with no compromise on health. 😉
We have prepared this salad with high in protein chick peas. Cottage cheese adds to the protein content; tamarind gives it a nice tangy taste, while the sweetness of honey balances any extra sourness. So try this healthy and colourful salad now!!
Preparation time – Just 10 minutes
½ cup roughly chopped Broccoli
½ cup boiled Sweetcorn kernels
¾ cup boiled Chick pea
½ cup Pomegranate
1 sliced Capsicum
½ cup Cottage cheese (or tofu) cubes
½ cup finely diced Boiled potatoes
For the dressing –
1 tbsp honey
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp tamarind pulp
½ tsp pepper
Salt to taste
- In a bowl, add honey, lemon juice, tamarind pulp, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the prepared dressing over these ingredients.
- Mix well with the help of wooden spoons.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve cold.