Ever tried something innovative in your kitchen with just the ingredients available in your pantry? Wait no more 😉
Well this dish is an invention in my kitchen. I tried using my hands on the simple and everyday available ingredients in my kitchen, like oats, chocolate, milkmaid (because I love baking so you will always find it in my refrigerator). These quick oat bars are so delicious that you cannot just control yourself digging into them. They look beautiful and taste heavenly. You can make these bars for your kids, for parties @home or just for yourself!! And trust me, I never imagined that oats could ever taste this delicious 😀
So here you go..
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Refrigeration Time: 25-30 mins
Makes 8-10 bars
1½ quick rolled oats
4 tbsp butter
200 g condensed milk (milkmaid)
1 tbsp honey
¾ cup dark chocolate (or milk chocolate)
1 tbsp chocolate chips
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
How to Make
- In a non-stick pan, add 3 tbsp of butter. Once it melts, add oats and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Once the oats are light brown in color, add condensed milk and mix well. Add honey to give a rich flavor to the dish. Turn off the flame and mix well.
- In a greased tray (or any utensil in which you will set the bars), line butter paper and transfer the oats mixture. Press the mixture firmly. Let it cool a bit.
- In a bowl, take chocolate and remaining 1 tbsp of butter and microwave for 1 minute or till the two completely melt and mix together.
- Pour the chocolate-butter mix over the set oats. Top with chocochips and chopped walnuts.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. Once completely set, take it out and cut bars of your choice of size.
Expert Tip 😉
- You can even top this dessert with grated coconut or coloured sprinklers.
- Be careful while cooking oats, overheat might burn them.
This is beyond tasty! 🙂
Try this out and post the photographs! 😀
Check out our Facebook Page.