Who does not likes tangy? I’ll tell you who! NO ONE! 😉
It’s hot outside and we need some refresher, what better than preparing it on your own and sipping it on a nice Sunday Evening with friends and family. 🙂
Here you go!
Preparation Time: 20-25 mins
Chilling Time: 3-4 hours
1 kg raw mango (kachi kairi)
1 cup sugar
Black salt according to taste
1 tsp crushed roasted cumin seed
½ tsp grounded black pepper
Mint leaves 15-20
Ice cold water
How to Make
- Wash the mangoes thoroughly. Make four slits on each mango (2 on either faces and 2 on sides)
- In a pressure cooker, add the mangoes and 1 glass of water. Pressure cook them (4-5 whistles).
- Once cooked, add sugar to the cooker and leave it at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. The sugar will dissolve in hot conditions.
- Remove the peel of mangoes after carefully removing the pulp from the peels with the help of a spoon. The slit you made will easily remove the peels after cooking.
- Remove the pulp from seeds and discard them.
- Then add 2 glasses of ice-cold water and blend the mixture well.
- Add salt, black pepper, crushed cumin seeds and mint leaves.
- You can add more water if you feel the liquid is too thick.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Enjoy homemade mango panna with no artificial flavors at all!!
- You can add red pepper to the panna to give it a spicy twist but avoid black pepper in that case.
- The mango panna we get in markets is usually green in color. They add artificial green color in it. You can also add 2-3 drops of green edible color to make your panna look green but natural is always the best!
- You can skip step 6 in which we added 2 glasses of water. You can leave the liquid thick and store in refrigerator for up to 3-4 days and use it whenever required. Just add water and ice and serve mango panna anytime you want.
Go ahead, make it, its easy and you are gonna love it!
Check out our Facebook Page.